Not only is summer my favorite season for fruit, I’ve found that everything just tastes fresher. And after an extended weekend in Palm Springs where there was quite a bit of indulging and lots of vino, I found myself craving as many veggies as I could pile into one bowl. Enter a favorite go to of mine: an updated Greek salad with lentils for added protein. It’s quick, easy, and refreshing in the rising temps, and so satisfying!
- 1 roma tomato, seeded
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/3 container seasoned feta from Trader Joes
- 1/3 container cooked lentils, chilled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Slice and seed the tomato, this keeps the salad from getting mushy
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, and pepper into equal size pieces
- Slice the onion into thin strips
- Top with feta and lentils
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt to taste
- Mix and Enjoy!
It’s that simple!