Though I was terrified of cooking scallops for years, they have turned into one of my favorite dishes to make—not only do they cook quickly, but they feel extra special. They pair just as beautifully with a salad as they do with mashed potatoes, if you’re in the mood to keep things somewhat healthier, or even a cauliflower mash.
- Fresh Scallops
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Pre-prepared mashed potatoes (feels slightly like cheating, but when you’re crunched for time it’s a real lifesaver)
- Olive oil
- Lemon Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees, and wash and trim off stems of asparagus. Coat in a light layer of olive oil and place on parchment paper covered baking sheet—this allows the asparagus to really crisp up nicely. Roast for 20 mins. Keep an eye if you asparagus is on the thinner side though.
2. Mix 1 tsp of horseradish into the pre-prepared mashed potatoes.
3. Pat dry scallops and drizzle a tiny amount of olive oil over them. Either toss in just salt and pepper or if you like a good kick to your food, add some Cajun seasoning. Mix it all up until evenly coated.
4. Heat pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of butter. When melted place your scallops into pan. Make sure to leave room between and not overcrowd pan. After 2-3 mins flip each scallop to the other side and cook for an additional 2-3 mins.
5. Plate your food and enjoy.