One of the best parts of being a nanny is having full access to a kitchen. This is something I take for granted far too much, but over the last couple of weeks I have made the conscious effort to put down my phone (I have a slight Doordash obsession), and pick up a spatula. This broccoli & tofu dish is super simple, and super quick to whip up. You can customize however you’d like based on your preferences, but this is one of my favorite go to meals for either lunch or a quick dinner.
- 1 block of tofu, drained
- 1 bag (or bunch) or broccoli florets
- 1 lemon
- Olive Oil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chili Flakes
- Cut open tofu and drain. I prefer to wrap in a few paper towels and smoosh it inbetween to get as much of the excess water out as quickly as possible. Cut into cubes, about 1 inch.
- Combine cubed tofu and broccoli florets in bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Zest the whole lemon over the tofu & broccoli mixture, cut in half and squeeze juice all over.
- Pour in Nutritional Yeast (I tend to enjoy the flavor so I use a generous amount, but you can use as much or as little as your tastebuds prefer. Follow with garlic powder and red chili flakes to taste.
- Stir well and pour onto sheet pan. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!