That being said doordashing lunch adds up quickly! So I decided to try my hand at a mock version of one of my favorite meals, and thanks to Trader Joe’s it was possible! All ingredients (minus the fishcake) were purchased day of, but you could easily sub the fishcake with tofu and prep ingredient ahead if you find it cheaper and have the time.
- Miso Ginger Broth
- Sliced Crimini Mushrooms
- Shredded Cabbage & Carrots
- Kamaboko aka fishcake (or sub tofu)
- Green Onion
- Frozen Shrimp Tempura
- Pop frozen shrimp tempura into oven per package directions.
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add mushrooms, cabbage, carrots and any other vegetables you would like to (except zoodles) add and boil until they’ve reached preferred texture. I prefer mine a little crunchier so I don’t boil for very long. Maybe a minute.
- Put desired amount of zoodles into bowl you will be eating from.
- Pour broth and vegetables over zoodles and let sit for about 1-2 minutes.
- Top with kamaboko, green onion and serve with shrimp tempura.